Project steps: ALL:
- Briefing and site visit
- Interior design concept
- Design development and sourcing
- Detail drawings and specification
- Trade liaison
- Designer on site
- Client binder
- Shopfront branding implementation
I completed a refit for Brighton letting agent Pavilion Properties in the Summer of 2019. Lots of positive specifications were used, some items were reused & refreshed and old furniture was donated to local furniture recycling co-operative.
We also commissoned beautiful murals by local artist Katherine Griffin adding biophilia to the space – which even in it’s replicated form has a wellness benefit for people using the space. Click here for a time lapse of the mural being created!
Branding by graphic design agency Crate 47 was interpreted into the relevant materials and implemented internal and externally, with signage by local company Sussex Signs.
Photo credit: Jim Stephenson www.clickclickjim.com
The following elements were incorporated into the design:
- Task chair seats in recycled polyester, Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified for safe use of chemicals
- Floor is 100% recyclable, 40% recycled content
- Paint: internally and externally is not tested on animals
- Lighting from local company with very low energy lamps
- Recyclable aluminium fascia sign with LED lighting
- Visitor’s chairs in FSC certified sustainable timber
- Old furniture recycled by Magpie Shabitat
- Buy from local suppliers